If I start to bleed during sex what is the problem and should I be concerned. What do I do if this occurs?

Dr. Raj Syal

In brief: See your doctor

Bleeding during intercourse is usually due to a cervical irritation or infection.
It can sometimes be a sign of more serious problem such as cervical cancer.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology

In brief: See a doctor

Bleeding during intercourse can be due to tears in the skin, infections, dryness, inflammation of the cervix, precancerous changes, polyps, hormone changes, and cancer. If this is a recurrent problem a phyical exam needs to be performed with appropriate testing to determine the cause of the bleeding.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham