I get around 4 or 5 migraines a week and I can't pinpoint what causes them. Preventative meds do not help. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Paul Reynolds
Pain Management

In brief: Rebound

This sounds more like a transformed migraine.
See a neurologist with experience treating patients with headache & consider her/his advice. Sometimes backing away from medications designed to treat headaches can allow for resetting to the original and typically more infrequent pattern.

In brief: Rebound

Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management

In brief: Cervicogenic HA

If you are getting ha (headaches) that often they are probably not true "migraines".
The word "migraine" does not mean "severe ha". Migraines are specific CNS triggered symptoms. 85% of all bad has come out of the neck. You should get your head ct'ed just to make sure nothing is "upstairs", then look into your neck for the answers and for treatment.

In brief: Cervicogenic HA

Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Karl Haake
Anesthesiology

In brief: May not be migraines

These may not be migraine headaches.
You might be getting tension type headaches, or you could be experiencing rebound headaches due to overuse of medication. Perhaps it could be coming from your neck. You need to be evaluated by a physician.

In brief: May not be migraines

These may not be migraine headaches.
Dr. Karl Haake
Dr. Karl Haake
Dr. Eric Weisman