My son, 35, avid walker, no genetic factors, no drugs, never sat down, didn't smoke, drink, died of a pulmonary thromboembolism caused by dvt?

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: I'm so sorry

My heart goes out to you--it certainly sounds like your son didn't have DVT risk factors, however pulmonary emboli can happen and almost anyone.
Genetic factors can play a role. You may want to talk to a henatologist (blood doctor) about possible clotting problems in your family.

In brief: I'm so sorry

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: DVT

I'm sorry for your loss.
It is possible despite what you say. Was there a postmortem to be sure that was what happened?

In brief: DVT

I'm sorry for your loss.
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Cindy Juster