I have a protruding disc diagnosed many years ago. I am having hip pain and numbness again. I am going to a chiro, is there anything else I can do?

See an MD. A chiro offers a deep massage which can temporarily make you feel better but they have no cures or even prevention. If you are having numbness and perhaps muscle dysfunction, then you need to see an orthopedic surgeon or a spine surgeon and might also benefit from physical therapy. Stay away from the chiropractor until this is done as you may get worse.
See below. You may need an MRI of your spine. Then you can see an orthopedist who specializes in spine conditions.