My eight month old son has little red bumps on his stomach what are they?

Rashes. It is difficult to answer your question. There are several causes for what you have described and it is difficult to make a diagnosis without looking at the rash itself. If your son is experiencing any other discomfort such as a fever, itching, or irritability, you should take your child to your pediatrician. Most causes of what you describe are nothing to worry about, but it should be evaluated.
Abdominal rash. Rashes are notoriously difficult to diagnose without being seen. Have pediatrician exam the child. May be simple prickly heat rash, diaper rash, viral illness, or any number of causes. Keep child comfortable with infant's tylenol (acetaminophen) if fever over 101?f & keep well hydrated with fluids.