I can't seem to gain muscle no matter how hard I work out, is there something im not doing right or is it genetics?

Dr. Richard Roberts
Clinical Genetics

In brief: You are young

working out hard may mean you're doing good things or doing really bad things.
If you're eating crap, that won't help. You have to delete to eat healthy and become physically fitbefore your start to build muscle.Advice fromA professional trainer will help. Don't overdo your exercises. But do them steadily and progressively--pain is not necessary to become physically fit.

In brief: You are young

Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Richard Roberts
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Possibly

It could be but i would get a personal trainer to see if you are doing something wrong.
You need to focus on dietary changes also to make sure you are taking in enough proteins at the appropriate time in relation to the weight training.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine