What happens to me now that I have emphysema and pulmonary sarcoidosis?

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Depends

It all depends on the severity of each problem. Both COPD and sarcoidosis can be treated, but neither is curable.
If you smoke you must stop right now. Rely on a pulmonary specialist to manage this complex set of problems.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Tony Su

In brief: Never too late...

To stop smoking. Smoking cessation will decrease the decline in your lung function.
As for sarcoidosis, many of my 50+ patients with this disorder have less problems as they age. Sarcoidosis seem to be less active in older patients.

In brief: Never too late...

Dr. Tony Su
Dr. Tony Su
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine