I have a bump on the side of my foot up by my pinky it hurts to where shoes for an extended period of time and im wondering what it is?

Dr. SREEDHAR POLAVARAPU
In brief: A Callus??
Looks like it could be a callus.
. Most often worsened by tight foot wear they can get inflammed easily..And be painful... Try dr.Scholls' callus medicine/pads/and gel inserts for the shoe.. Very important....Buy/use atleast 1/2 size more and preferably wide-width shoes.

In brief: A Callus??
Looks like it could be a callus.
Dr. SREEDHAR POLAVARAPU
Dr. SREEDHAR POLAVARAPU
Mike Moore
In brief: Bunion...
Sounds like a bunion, specifically a tailor's bunion, or bunionette as it is called by some doctors.
Bunions may be treated conservatively with changes in shoes, padding/shielding, rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory medications (like ibuprofen). If it interferes with your walking or activities of daily life, see your doctor.

In brief: Bunion...
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
In brief: Tailors bunion
This fifth metatasal bunion is often called a tailor's bunion or bunionette.
It is caused by the fifth metatarsal head being prominated on the outside of the foot.

In brief: Tailors bunion
Dr. Jeffrey Boggs
Dr. Jeffrey Boggs
Dr. Jane Van Dis