I had ACL & meniscus reconstruction on my right knee 2 months ago. Got pushed into pool landed on right leg, hurt for a minute. Retore meniscus?

Dr. John Shim
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends.

Is the knee swelling up again? Does you knee get "stuck" or locked? Does you knee feel loose again? If you answered yes, it might be.
If it just happened, wait to see if those signs develop. If the pain goes away quickly, most likely nothing to worry about.

In brief: Depends.

Dr. John Shim
Dr. John Shim
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Hopefully not

I would certainly let your surgeon know and it will probably declare itself in the next few days.
Either it will quickly improve and may just be a minor injury, or it will beome apparent that there is something that is wrong in your knee. Thank you for the question.

In brief: Hopefully not

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. James Bicos
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly

At the 8 week mark after an acl surgery the graft is at its weakest.
If the graft retire, you can have increased pain and swelling. Was the meniscus repaired or just cleaned out? If cleaned out, then rare that it would tear. You need an evaluation by your surgeon to see. It all depends on the exam.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. James Bicos
Dr. James Bicos
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine