Im 20 and obese. Whats the fastest, easiest way for me to loose weight?

Holly Barth
General Practice
In brief: Diet and Exercise
The goal is to burn more calories than you consume.
Watch your diet-eliminate junk food and don't over eat. Consider liquids as well-soda, alcohol, etc contains a lot of calories. Exercise multiple times a week. If you find an activity you really enjoy you'll be more likely to engage in that activity. Avoid fad diets that could prevent you from getting adequate nutrition. Make healthy choices!

In brief: Diet and Exercise
Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Depends how obese
Depending on your bmi different options exist, if morbidly obese, bmi greater than 40 and other medical problems surgery may be an option, if otherwise healthy seek a doctor that specializes in bariatrics.
Certain medications or combinations can be great tools, along with nutrional conseling and possible emotional support. Fast is not always best, changing lifestyle with long term support is best.

In brief: Depends how obese
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: No magic bullet
There is no magic bullet.
The person who comes up with a safe and effective magic bullet will be a billionaire. You need to change your diet to a mostly vegetarian one with very limited dairy, no preservatives, no added salt or sugar, limited patronage of restaurants, no soda, no fast food. Eat small meals 4-6 times a day - portion control. Exercise at least 1 hour at least 5x/week. Start slow.

In brief: No magic bullet
There is no magic bullet.
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Shawn Saunders
Pharmacology
In brief: The answer we avoid
No one wants to hear the dreaded "diet and exercise" advice - but take it from me.
I was 300 lbs at one point - tried every pill and diet and at the end of the day it was exercise ... And when you exercise a lot - you feel guilty overeating. There is no way around it, sorry. I was overweight all my life - until i started exercising and went vegetarian. Email me with any questions.

In brief: The answer we avoid
Dr. Shawn Saunders
Dr. Shawn Saunders
Dr. Adam Smith