I have a lot if small thin purple veins, not varicose, around the top of my legs how can I get rid if them and what are they?

Telamgiectasia. = mini varicose veins. If associated with larger vein disease get that treated first o/w they will quickly recur. Trtmnt is with injection of various chemicals &or laser or, best both. Expect about 33% improvent per treatment.
Likely spider veins. The color of superificial veins depends on where they are located. The most superficial veins are red and sit on top of the skin. As veins go deeper, they become maroon, purple, blue and blue green. The blue-green veins are just under the skin's surface and they are called reticular veins. Purple spider veins can probably be treated best with sclerotherapy, as others mentioned.
Spider veins. Spider veins are generally treated with a laser or injections. Usually several treatments are needed.
Spider veins. These are called spider angiomata or spider veins. The purple color is the blood in the small superficial vein. They can be easily treated with a virtually painless office procedure called sclerotherapy, which involves injection of a solution into the vein to irritate the inner lining of the vein and cause it to collapse. The collapsed vein doesn't have blood in it and so it disappears.
Reticular veins. These are typically reticular veins that can be easily treated with sclerotherapy.
Laser or injection. These type of veins respond well to lasers or injections. See a specialist.
Spider veins. These veins may be treated with sclerotherapy which is injection of specific medications. For evaluation and treatment see a vein specialist.
Combo laser & sclero. This may require a combination of laser therapy and sclerotherapy to achieve an optimal result. Be prepared for recurrences and multiple treatment sessions.
Veins. These are spider veins most likely hormonal ,and more frequent if using oral contraceptives Sclerotherapy or laser will work to treat what you have but not prevent new ones Often bioflavonoids may be of benefit to strengthen the wall of the blood vessels.