I am having trouble loosing weight since I went through menopause. How can I change that ?

Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology
In brief: Move more/eat less
Metabolism or the amount of energy (calories) our body uses lessens after menopause.
Weight is a balance of calories used with physical activity & calories consumed. Try to get a buddy to start program with. You can keep it simple by cutting carbs (bread/pasta/white rice/pastries) and walk more - take stairs, park farther away in parking lot. If feasible consider an organized wieght loss assoc.

In brief: Move more/eat less
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Wt. gain & menopause
Good idea to see your doctor to be sure you do not have a hormonal imbalance due to the menopause or some endocrine imbalance e.
g.Thyroid problem and no sign of diabetes or other illness that piles on the weight. Then get on a regular program to gradually lose weight.

In brief: Wt. gain & menopause
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Adam Levy