What are the effects from Depo-Provera Medrol (methylprednisolone) + lidocaine in trigger point injections?

Quick relief. A trigger point can occur from many factors but it ends in a dysfunctional muscle fiber. The addition of Lidocaine or steroids to just the insertion of the needle into the muscle probable does not result in a better outcome. However the local anesthetic does result in immediate relief if not temporary. In my opinion steroids do not help in this situation.
Treatment. Trigger points are areas where muscles have tightened up possibly in an attempt of the body to stop a muscle or joint moving and causing pain. These muscles can then spasm painfully. The lidociane gives immediate local anesthetic pain management to the site, the steroids the provide decreased swelling and relaxation of the muscles, so that the site will get out of the vicious cycle.