Should i be taking progesterone if I am taking premarin, (conjugated estrogens) and am pre-menopausal?

Dr. David Sneid
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Depends

Not if you're having regular menses.
Your doctor may prescribe Progesterone to induce periods, or lo-dose daily therapy to prevent them -- some physicians would not want you to receive either. But these are questions that need to be discussed with your doctor.

In brief: Depends

Not if you're having regular menses.
Dr. David Sneid
Dr. David Sneid
Dr. Deborah Kauffman
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Progesterone

It depends on what your levels are.
It is unusual to be giving a pre-menopausal woman estrogen without progesterone. In general, progesterone levels decrease prior to estrogen levels. The vast majority of my peri-menopausal patients start progesterone years before they start estrogen. Also be aware that premarin (conjugated estrogens) is horse estroen , not human estrogen. Since you are not a horse, you may not want to

In brief: Progesterone

It depends on what your levels are.
Dr. Deborah Kauffman
Dr. Deborah Kauffman
Dr. Adam Levy