What does it mean if the veins in my sack connected to my testicles get bigger? (serious question)

In brief: Varicocele
Sounds like you have a varicocele or dilation of veins supplying the testicle.
More common on the left side, are generally described as "bag of worms". Varicoceles may cause pain, testis damage/atrophy (generally when they develop in younger males), and infertility. If the varicocele is resulting in one of these symptoms, treatment may be necessary.

In brief: Varicocele
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Matthew Thom
3 comments
Dr. Mario Diana
Important to have this problem evaluated.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Good response.
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Possible varicocele
Varicoceles usually develop on the left side and feel like a "bag of worms" if you feel them when standing.
Just make sure there is no lump on your testicle. Check with a urologist if this is bothering you. Varicoceles are by and large harmless but can be associated with male infertility.

In brief: Possible varicocele
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Arnon Rubin