How can I help tendonitis? And I think I have carpaltunnel?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Tendonitis Rx

These commonly occur together. If possible the first thing to do is figure out the cause.
Repetitive motions are commonly responsible. Splinting and rest, with ice, compression, and elevation are the initial mainstays of therapy followed by possible nsaids or anti-inflammatories if not contra-indicated. Stronger medications are recently available and use of injections could be considered later.

In brief: Tendonitis Rx

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Rest and splint

Tendonitis often occurs when a tendon has gotten swollen from overuse or injury.
Initial treatment is to rest the area, avoid activities which cause or worsen the pain, use anti-inflammatories as needed, and if severe, use a splint to immobilize the joint. Carpal tunnel most typically causes numbness in the thumb, index, middle, and ring fingers and wearing a splint when sleeping often helps.

In brief: Rest and splint

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine