I have HPV and I had a pap. It came back atypical grandular cells. Im very scared that I could have cancer. I've been tested every 6 months should I b?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

In brief: No

What you describe is not cancer.
However you should continue your doctors advice and repeating the pap smears to monitor any further changes.

In brief: No

What you describe is not cancer.
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Stephen Noga
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Keep being tested

You are doing the right thing.
Your doctor is keeping an eye on this with the serial pap smears. They will let you know if something changes. You can also ask you doctor for more information on these atypical cells to help you determine how much risk of cancer is really there.

In brief: Keep being tested

You are doing the right thing.
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Jane Van Dis