I see my period every month but still can't get pregnant. What's wrong?

Dr. Terence Lee
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Some possibilities

Could be blocked tubes, bad sperm, problem in the uterus? It might even be an egg problem still, despite the fact that you have regular cycles.
For example, a 44 year old might have regular cycles, but her eggs still are not very good for conceiving.

In brief: Some possibilities

Dr. Terence Lee
Dr. Terence Lee
Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Fertility evaluation

See a ob/gyn or infertility specialist for an infertility evaluation.
Infertility is defined as failure to conceive after one year of unprotected intercourse, and affects ~15% of couples. Evaluation involves confirmation of ovulation, patency of fallopian tubes, and assessment of sperm characteristics. Abnormalities/dysfunction in any one of these may make it more difficult to conceive.

In brief: Fertility evaluation

Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Adam Levy