I am suffering with severe pain in my hips for last 5 yrs, have hla b27 positive. Mri was okay. Please advice?

Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: AS

Ankylosing spondylitis is of concern.
A plain x-ray of the sacroiliac joints would pick up images of bone sclerosis better than an mri. A rheumatologist can discern and advise. Traumatic injury to the sacroiliac joints is a consideration. Has there been participation in extreme sports? An osteopath can evaluate injury to the sacroiliac joints.

In brief: AS

Ankylosing spondylitis is of concern.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Martin Tamler
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Ankylosing spondylit

Ankylosing spondylitis is associated with both of these, hip pain and positive hlab27.

In brief: Ankylosing spondylit

Dr. Martin Tamler
Dr. Martin Tamler
Dr. Vikram Patel