Recently got wisdom tooth pulled.. Stopped taking antibiotic and there is now pain. What do I do?

Dr. Arun Gadre
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Dry socket

Not uncommon to have pain after pulling wisdom tooth.
How many days ago. Dry socket can be very painful. Go and see the dentist who pulled the tooth.

In brief: Dry socket

Dr. Arun Gadre
Dr. Arun Gadre
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Pain p/wisdom tooth

I hope you stopped taking the antibiotic because you completed the recommended days your dentist advised.
If there is pain developing, you will need to go back in to see your dentist to check the area for infection. Try the prescribed pain medication or otc tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen in the mean time.

In brief: Pain p/wisdom tooth

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Steven Seres