I have been on 100 mg of Zoloft (sertraline) for over a year and I jusr started having panick attacks. Should I be on a different medication ?

Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Not necessarily

If it worked initially you may respond to an increased dose--check with your doc.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Edmund Cavazos

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline)

Not likely the zoloft (sertraline) after two years.
Maybe you have a dual diagnosis now. Zoloft (sertraline) is fda approved for gad. Anything new going on in your life that you can correlate to the onset of the panic attacks- new meds and current life stressors. Also need to look for possible medical issues- cardiac, endocrine issues, etc.

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline)

Dr. Edmund Cavazos
Dr. Edmund Cavazos
Dr. Eric Weisman