Hi, I am suffering from very bad depression and anxiety and have been to 3 doctors but not being taken seriously because of my age. What next?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: Keep looking
Ask around get help from your doc, your minister, etc and find a doc who takes you seriously.

In brief: Keep looking
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: See Psychiatrist
See a board certified psychiatrist.
If you don't get help, continue to seek one who takes interest in your condition. Try a psychiatrist at a tertiary care medical center if you are able. I don't know your age or your problem. The doctor you have seen may be giving you the right answer. You may have problems other than depression.

In brief: See Psychiatrist
See a board certified psychiatrist.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: Need psychiatrist
I'm sorry to hear of not being taken seriously.
I don't know whether any of the 3 doctors you've seen are psychiatrists, but a psychiatrist would be the most qualified to evaluate your problems and work with you on them. Please don't lose hope -- persist until finding a referral who listens to you. Rates of depression and anxiety are very high in your age group. Good ideas from others here too.

In brief: Need psychiatrist
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Eric Weisman