How to treat ringworm?

A couple of ways. If the ring worm is small and not on the scalp, topical terbenafine for 2 weeks or longer may be all that is needed. If the lesion is on the face or scalp and does ot respond to topical, then oral medications are indicated. One must treat these long enought to rid the skin of the fungus. Deep infections require oral and even IV therapy. If in doubt, get see by pcp or derm.
Ring Worm. Ringworm is a common fungal skin infection otherwise known as tinea. Ringworm most commonly affects the skin on the body (tinea corporis), the scalp (tinea capitis), the feet (tinea pedis, or athlete's foot), or the groin (tinea cruris, or jock itch). http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/ss/slideshow-ringworm.