I have been using colchicine for gout and is not working flr me?

Dr. Angus Worthing
In brief: For pain? preventio?
If Colchicine doesn't control pain, may need to add anti-inflammatory (nsaid like indomethacin, or prednisone).
To prevent flares, diet changes and medicines that lower uric acid are helpful.

In brief: For pain? preventio?
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: May not be for you
I have tending to use shot courses of steroids over the last 10 years of motr. The steroids help reduce the inflammation of a gout attack and may decrease their frequency better then colchicine.
There are also medications to reduce uric acid such as uloric and Allopurinol and they work differently then colchicine. Also watch your diet.

In brief: May not be for you
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Adam Smith