I hv refractive amblyopia to my right eye.Could it b cured?

Dr. Michael Ehrenhaus
Ophthalmology

In brief: Rx Amblyopia

In childhood it could be helped.
Once an adult the "wiring" has been set and there's unfortunately little that can be done. However, the correct prescription may help that eye utilize its full potential.

In brief: Rx Amblyopia

In childhood it could be helped.
Dr. Christopher Hood
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe if still young

Refractive amblyopia refers to a state where a "lazy eye" develops because of a different glasses prescription between the two eyes.
The brain favors one eye, usually the one with the "lowest" prescription, and the other eye becomes lazy as the brain does not develop. In the "critical period" of youth, giving proper correction to the lazy eye and patching the other can sometimes improve vision.

In brief: Maybe if still young

Dr. Shontae Buffington