Will taking cinnimon pills lower cholesterol?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Doubt

Although, it is a popular belief that cinnamon helps lower cholesterol, i've yet to see a single patient in my practice who had success with this treatment.
I've not seen cinnamon to be found to be effective in studies to decrease cholesterol.

In brief: Doubt

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Cinnamon benefits

The benefits of pure high grade cinnamon has been shown to help decrease the absorption of fat and sugar during digestion.
Most people use some generic form of cinnamon which does not help. You must still eat well with a low fat, low glycemic diet for this to be effective.

In brief: Cinnamon benefits

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel