Is sinus surgery better than always taking steroids and antibiotics for chronic sinusitis?

Good question. This is very patient dependent and it requires an honest discussion with your ENT doctor. If you have failed maximal medical therapy, then surgery is the next best step. However you still might need to take sinus medication to control the sinus disease. Ideally surgery will decrease the need for oral antibiotics but you still might need nasal steroids.
Sinusitis. Greetings. The question you pose is very common to hear. The treatment offered depends on a lot of considerations. Is chronic sinusitis the true diagnosis? Have you been treated with maximal medical therapy? Have you been evaluated by a board certified ENT surgeon who has a great deal of experience operating on nasal and sinuses? After these questions are answered, then maybe the answer is yes.