I sprained both ankles over a year ago but they still hurt and are tender to the touch, what can I do to help get better?

Dr. Selene Parekh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Better

There are a number of things that you can do, but you should see a foot and ankle surgeon for guidance.
These include: physical therapy, bracing, cross training, injections, and sometimes even surgery.

In brief: Better

Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Some ideas

This is a long time for things to heal - so you might want to check with your doctor to make sure that's not a sign of something else, like chronic inflammation.
If you're ok, try acupuncture for some relief. Lose weight if you need to (i know, easier said than done) , eat veggies and try this exercise: write the alphabet with your feet/ankles (not moving your legs) in the air while sitting.

In brief: Some ideas

Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine