What are some diabetes management tools besides medicine?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Depends

Depends on wheter you ar type i or type ii.
Tools? Of course diet is important. Knowing what to eat, when to eat and how to eat is a huge part of dm management. Exercise is very important along with fluids and proper rest. Know the glycemic index of foods you eat. Low glycemic foods will help. Vitamins and trace elements will help. Good mental health is improtant as well. Best to you.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Lea Danielsen

In brief: Lifestyle changes

Diet, weight loss and exercise.
If you like both aerobic and weight exercises try to include both. Too many carbohydrates at one time will drive the blood sugar up. I also like patients to eat 1 oz of nuts a day because it improves Insulin resistance. If your medications don't interact, grapefruit does the same.

In brief: Lifestyle changes

Diet, weight loss and exercise.
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Great, that is impressive starting with an over 900 blood sugars.