Should I ask my doctor for fertility pills if we are having trouble becoming pregnant?

Dr. Lea Danielsen
In brief: 1 year
Infertility is defined as having unprotected sex for 1 year without getting pregnant.
If you are young and hasn't been a year relax as you likely will be able to. If it has been more than a year or over 35 then see your gyn for an initial evaluation.

In brief: 1 year
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Terence Lee
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Not exactly
It's possible that you might be advised to take pills eventually, but first you have to start with looking at the big picture.
This involves analyzing your situation (age, duration of infertility, clues as to what might be wrong), doing additional testing and then coming up with a few option and choosing the one that's best for you.

In brief: Not exactly
Dr. Terence Lee
Dr. Terence Lee
Dr. Jane Van Dis