I work in a nursing home, one of the elderly I believe has mrsa, and I change him daily. Should I get tested for MRSA just incase?

Dr. Lauren Romeo
Wound care

In brief: No

Likely, you already have it on your skin.
Wash your hands frequently and wear gloves.

In brief: No

Dr. Lauren Romeo
Dr. Lauren Romeo
Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Colonized?

You might be colonized which means its there but the bacteria is doing nothingto you.
No point in getting it tested unless your work requires you to test it. If you do get sick, a skin infection, let your doctors know about this tid bit.

In brief: Colonized?

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: MRSA mindset

Mrsa is not new, rare or worthy of a lot of fear.You are as likely to pick it up on a shopping cart at the market, on a door handle or other surface anywhere.
Most of the kids i treat for staph in the office have mrsa, and I have never had a case need more that simple drainage and antibiotics.Assume your hands are will pick it up anywhere and anytime and wash your hands accordingly.

In brief: MRSA mindset

Dr. Cindy Juster