Why do I get heartburn after every thing I eat?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: No LES/Acid

You many have many reasons for this but apparently your lower esophageal sphincter (les) is not working and/or you have an overproducton of acid.
Severe gerd (gastroesophageal reflux) needs evaluation with an endoscopy and treatment for findings and underlying causes. Usually a ppi (prilosec type drug) is used and maybe an h-2 (zantac (ranitidine) type). You need evaluation and treatment.

In brief: No LES/Acid

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Gerd?

You likely have gastro esophageal reflux disease which is the official term. First identify the foods that make your heart burn worse and avoid them. Then try a short course of antacids (talk to your doc about the types of meds).
If that fails you will need more workup from a gastroenterologist (stomach doctor).

In brief: Gerd?

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. William Forsythe