I had a reaction to eye makeup in jan. My eyelids got red& swollen.Ever since thenmy eyelids turn red when i wear eyeshadow.What will heal my eyelid

Dr. Tony Ho
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Allergic reaction

It sounds like you have a contact sensitivity to some component of the eye shadow.
You can try different brands, but there is no "healing" involved; just avoid exposure to the same eyeshadow.

In brief: Allergic reaction

Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Laura Cozzarelli
Ophthalmology

In brief: Allergy

It may help to look carefully at all of the ingredients in that eyeshadow, because it's likely just one or two of the ingredients that are causing your reaction.
Common culprits are iron, mica, and bismuth oxychloride; however, everyone is different, and you may have to sleuth around and keep track of ingredients to find a shadow that works for you!

In brief: Allergy

Dr. Laura Cozzarelli
Dr. Laura Cozzarelli
Dr. Allan Goldstein

In brief: Allergy

Stop using eye shadow.

In brief: Allergy

Stop using eye shadow.
Dr. Allan Goldstein
Dr. Allan Goldstein