My doc just prescribed Clomid (clomiphene) for cycle days 3-7 but my friend also on Clomid (clomiphene) says she takes hers days 5-9 what is the difference? I have pcos

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine

In brief: No big difference

Studies show pregnancy rates are identical starting cc on cd 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.
The main difference is starting later its less likely to have a persistent cyst from the past cycle. For patients not monitored by ultrasound cd 5 may be a better choice, with monitoring it makes little-to- no difference.

In brief: No big difference

Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: None

It does not make any real difference which regimen you use, the result is the same.
There is a greater chance for ovulating after taking the Clomid (clomiphene) either way.

In brief: None

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham