Can i start taking vitex with spironolactone without consulting with my doctor? Does vitex help increase effectiveness of spiro for acne due to pcos?

Dr. David Sneid
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Why?

Why have you decided to begin treating yourself with something that you don't know what's in it, don't know why you're taking it, don't know how to judge whether it's helping you, and don't know if it will have any adverse side effects of interactions? Makes no sense to me.
Leave the medical decision-making to the people with training, not your friends, tv or internet.

In brief: Why?

Dr. David Sneid
Dr. David Sneid
Dr. Adam Levy