The heel of my left foot hurts to walk, and the pain spreads to the topside front. I haven't injured my foot in any way, what could this be?

In brief: NEED FOR SUPPORT!

Most shoes aren't always what is bad, usually it's the crummy insoles they come with! there are many possibe reasons (plantar fascitis leaps to mind) that you may have pain in the heels, but try arch supports like spenco polysorb (http://www.
Spenco.Com/products/footcare/poly-sorb) and otc anti-inflammatories (like aleve). If these don't help, see a podiatrist.

In brief: NEED FOR SUPPORT!

Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Heel pain

People usually describe pain in 1 of 2 places as "heel pain".
Pain on the bottom may be plantar fasciitis (www.Drmarkgalland.Com 1/16/13), while pain on the back may be achilles tendonitis. As for the pain that spreads into the top of your foot, this may be a separate issue (tendonitis, stress fract), or something that has developed if the heel pain has changed your foot mechanics during activity.

In brief: Heel pain

Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Arnon Rubin