I have white bumps on the back of my throat. They seem like a pimple. I can pop them with my finger nail. What could this be?

Dr. Marc Rosenthal
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tonsilliths?

This sounds like tonsilliths.
The only permanent cure is tonsillectomy, however, one safe way to get them out if they hurt is to use a water pick.

In brief: Tonsilliths?

This sounds like tonsilliths.
Dr. Marc Rosenthal
Dr. Marc Rosenthal

In brief: Something infectious

Mono is from the ebv virus, and can cause swollen glands (lymph nodes) and big tonsils.
Strep throat can do the same thing, but strep throat needs antibiotics. Some other infections can cause big lymph nodes. Tonsils that have bits of white stuff stuck in them are called cryptic tonsils, and also need antibiotics. This all means that a trip to the doctor would be wise.

In brief: Something infectious