2 days ago i went to my local ER with cellulitus they gave a shot anitbiotic. My whole leg is so swollen and my foot should I go back or wait? I have a history of cellulitus why?

Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: common sense

With so many occurrences, I am betting that the diagnosis of cellulitis is quite unlikely.
Obviously, if they have the right diagnosis, treatment should have cured this. There are many other diseases that are misdiagnosed as cellultitis. One of the most common is stasis dermatitis from venous disease and if i had to bet, this would be the one. Get to a wound care center.

In brief: common sense

In brief: Need recheck

Definitely need to be checked again.
Asap. Should see some improvement by now. You need more than one dose of antibiotic either IV or oral depending upon how bad it is. Also should be checked to make sure no blood clot in leg. Once infection gets into the soft tissue of the leg can be hard to completely get rid of and may become a recurrent issue. This is especially true if vessels are damaged.

In brief: Need recheck

Definitely need to be checked again.
Dr. David Hardin
Also need to be evaluated with possible no infectious causes in mind
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: ED.

If this appears to be getting worse you need to see someone now.
Whole leg swelling due to infection is a serious matter. While the local er might be the place for you now, you need a doctor who can care for you longer term and make sure things are working.

In brief: ED.

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine