I have fibroids and my doctor will not remove them what can I do ?

Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Indication important

Just because one has fibroids does not automatically necessitate removal.
It depends on whether the fibroid is causing symptoms (e.g. Pain, heavy bleeding, infertility, pelvic pressure, contstipation, etc.) and the symptoms are persistent even with nonsurgical interventions. If you believe this to be the case, seek for another fyn to help explain why it is or isn't appropriate to have it removed.

In brief: Indication important

Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Joseph Pena
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Get a second opinion

Sometimes fibroids don't need to be removed.
Sometimes there is a good reason to remove them. It depends on the size, location, your symptoms, fertility, etc. So when you have a question like that it is never a bad idea to just get a different perspective.

In brief: Get a second opinion

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Depends

Depending on the location of fibroids, many physicians would recommend removal to improve pregnancy rates and decrease pregnancy complications.
If you have infertility; 12 mod of unprotect intercourse, this may be important. We have an aggressive outpatient surgery program for fibroids using laparoscopy allowing for quick recovery. Not all fibroids need removal however.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox