My 3 yr old has a fever of 101.9 I gave her tylenol (acetaminophen) five minutes before she throw it all up. Do I give her more tylenol (acetaminophen)?

In brief: YES
My general rule on meds is a barf within 15 minutes can be followed by a full repeat of the dose.
It may be prudent to wait until the kid has held down some sips of water or other material before trying.

In brief: YES
2 comments
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
And if she vomits even water, you can try a suppository form of acetaminophen. Check with your pharmacist. Keeping her hydrated is more important than lowering the temperature. Push fluids!
Dr. Helena Bentley
A lot of times, when children vomits immediately after dosing, it is rejection. Tyylenol is not plesant tasting. A lot of kids reject it, and you can see the medicine in the vomitus. If the child is vomiting due to illness, make sure he or she can tolerate small amounts of clear liquids before repeating the dose.
Dr. Mandakini Patel
In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen) vomited out
Agree you need to rpeat the dose if the child vomited it right away.
You may want to try giving it as a rectal suppository.

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Willa Terry
In brief: Evaluate symptoms
Fever is part of the body’s natural defense mechanism, so fever not only signals illness; a fever can help your child's body fight off infection.
If your child is uncomfortable from the fever, it is ok to give the appropriate dose of Acetaminophen orally, and the medication also comes in a rectal preparation. Ibuprofen is also an alternative.

In brief: Evaluate symptoms
Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Willa Terry
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham