I have chest pains on the left side when laying down at night. I'm 25 years old, 5' 11", 270 pounds. I've always taken it as heart burn, but am worried?

Dr. Mary Bergum

In brief: Chest pain

You need an evaluation to determine the cause of the problem. If it is heart burn you need treatment.
It is hard to determine heart vs heart burn. See your doctor.

In brief: Chest pain

Dr. Mary Bergum
Dr. Mary Bergum
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Heart burn moslikely

The symptom you describe in a young man who is overweight most likely to be heartburn.
If it gets better with some over the counter zanta, then you confirm it's heart burn. See your doctor it that doesn't help within a week.

In brief: Heart burn moslikely

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine