Having pain in lower right abdomen that radiates behind my hip bone, into my back, into my groin muscle. Its not my appendix and she referred to gyno ?

Dr. PHILLIP KIM

In brief: Maybe

Because the appendix is located in the right lower quadrant of the abdomen as well as female organs including ovaries, appendicities would need to be ruled out it has not been previously removed.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. RADHA SYED
Gynecology

In brief: Right abdominal pain

Right sided lower abdominal pain , if not appendicitis must follow with a gyn exam to rule out ovarian cysts and other tumors.
One would definitely need a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound and possible some routine blood work to rule out the possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease.Endometriosis needs to be ruled out as well.The pain of endometriosis travels down the groin, thighs etc.

In brief: Right abdominal pain

Dr. RADHA SYED
Dr. RADHA SYED

In brief: Ovarian Issues

If you had a ct scan for rlq pain and they are referring you to a gynecologist, then we have to assume that they believe the source of your problem is an ovary.
Ovaries can develop cysts that can be problematic, you can get an ectopic pregnancy with an iud. I would next ask what did the ct show and have you had a pelvic ultrasound? Sometimes the us shows the gynecologic structures better thanct.

In brief: Ovarian Issues

Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery