40mg citalopram in am, 4mg klonopin during day, 900mg gabapentin w dinner, 25mg seroquel @ night. Can i take 10mg of Ambien (zolpidem) with the seroquel?

Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: No

No, u r already on multiple medications and many of them sedative.

In brief: No

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Louis Cady

In brief: Yes, but...

The answer is yes.
The question is: is it advisable? 1) there is not a drug-drug interaction with Ambien (zolpidem) with any of these, but it is an additive effect. 2) if you are still having sleep problems, there is a possibility that the underlying psych problem is not controlled. You are already on a stiff doze of benzos and 900 mg gabap. At dinner is high. I would favor refining tx of main problem.

In brief: Yes, but...

The answer is yes.
Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Louis Cady
Dr. Vikram Patel