I believe I have a stress fx in my left foot. I fractured my right foot several months ago from stress fx. What should I do?

Dr. Tandy Freeman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: See a physician
You should see a doctor for an examination and, if indicated an x-ray.
Only with confirmation of the diagnosis will you be able to be sure of appropriate treatment. There are more serious causes of foot pain that, if left untreated, can have devastating consequences.

In brief: See a physician
Dr. Tandy Freeman
Dr. Tandy Freeman
Dr. Mathew John
Podiatry
In brief: See your foot doctor
Stress fractures can be seen on xray but can lag in it's appearance on initial xray.
Often you will be placed in a stiff soled surgical shoe to avoid further stress to the metatarsal. A follow up xray will be needed to verify the healing of the fracture which often shows as bone callus surrounding the fracture. Other conditions can mimic a stress fracture and a thorough evaluation is needed.

In brief: See your foot doctor
Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mathew John
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Stop running
Get a bone scan slow down.

In brief: Stop running
Get a bone scan slow down.
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Get an xray
See a specialist to obtain radiographs and get proper treatment.

In brief: Get an xray
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
In brief: Family History ??
A bone scan is a sensitive and non specific test for detecting bone activity, see your pcp, podiatrist, or rheumatologist for appropriate physical exam, diagnosis, and treatment reccs.
.. Check any family history of stress fractures. Add a calcium and vitamin d supplement change shoes and activities bone health !

In brief: Family History ??
Dr. Christopher Hendrix
Dr. Christopher Hendrix
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine