I am 26 and very active and healthy, but my knees and hips and other joints pop constantly. What can I do?

Dr. William Dailey
In brief: Joints pop.
If they pop but don't hurt when it happens then don't worry about it.
If the popping is accompanied by pain see a doctor.

In brief: Joints pop.
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Hypermobility
Popping of your joints by themselves causes no problem. This is especially true of cracking your knuckles.
Howver popping joints suggests you may have hypermobile syndrome. In this setting you have more elastic tissue in your musculoskeletal system and thus more give in your tissues. If this is your case you need good msucle tone and exercise to strengthen your muscle support.

In brief: Hypermobility
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine