Why did I only get my period for one day if im not pregnant? Pregnancy test was negative.

Hard to say. Bleeding in between periods is very common. If your are taking birth control pills and have missed one or more pills, it is common to have a slight bit of bleeding as described. If you are in the middle of your menstrual cycle it is comon to have spotting just before ovulation when the estrogen levels rapidly change. Ocassionally sex, infection or polyps can cause bleeding but should be checked.
Could be normal. Bleeding during your period lasts between 1 - 3 days typically, but every woman's period is slightly different. You may have only had bleeding on one day for this period. Pregnancy will cause you to completely miss your period. Variations in hormone levels can effect the duration of menses. Occasionally home pregnancy tests can be wrong as well. If you develop pain or other bleeding, see doctor.