After wearing heels, the tip and side of my big toe is swollen& when touched feels stiff. No pain but has been this way for days. What is wrong?

In brief: Heels

Most dress heels have a narrow toe box.
Because of the heel, the foot has a tendency to slide forward and force the toe into this tight area. Consider shoes with a lower heel and wider toe box. If the toe doesn't improve in a few more days, or becomes painful, have a podiatrist check it. You may have irritated the joint or aggravated an ingrown nail.

In brief: Heels

Most dress heels have a narrow toe box.
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Minor trauma.

Sounds like you have irritated your toe quite a bit and inflamed the nerve along the side of your toe.
That gives you the tingling sensation. This will get better with time. I suspect you should stay out of those shoes. For now avoid any tight toe box shoes or pressure on your toe.

In brief: Minor trauma.

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Eric Weisman