I fractured my pelvis when I was 16 which left numbness, tngling, and hypersensitivity resulting in pain from light touch. What is causing this?

Dr. Prem Gupta
Neurology

In brief: Nerve injury

The symptoms you describe are called allodynia which means that normally non painful stimuli become painful.
It is always from nerve disease or injury. Since the onset of symptoms is soon after fracture you have injured a nerve which is not likely to heal. Medications can control your symptoms.

In brief: Nerve injury

Dr. Prem Gupta
Dr. Prem Gupta
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Pain

You might seriously consider seeing a neurologist for testing to determine if this is nerve pain or an orthopedic surgeon to evaluate if the fracture is properly healed.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Larry Armstrong
You probably had MRI's of the pelvis and lumbar spine. You could also have EMG/NCV's done to help look for the answer. A rheumatologist would be the best person to see if you have fibromyalgia and a neurologist or neurosurgeon are the best people to see if this is nerve related. Good luck.