I have had severe mood swings, and they are affecting my everyday life, how do I get treated?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: See a psychiatrist
Psychiatrists are best at evaluating & treating these disorders.

In brief: See a psychiatrist
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Robert Grieco
Everyone has Mood swings to some degree, so when should you consider it a real problem? When it is a real problem for you or the people around you.
Dr. Eric Anderson
In brief: Mood swings
Mood swings can happen for a lot of reasons, both medical and psychiatric.
The first place to start is to see your doctor to evaluate for medical causes (like thyroid problems, seizures, etc.). Should medical causes no explain the mood swings, an evaluation by a psychiatrist would be helpful. Once they determine the "what, " then they can determine the treatment. Good luck!

In brief: Mood swings
Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson