I have had severe mood swings, and they are affecting my everyday life, how do I get treated?

See a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are best at evaluating & treating these disorders.
Mood swings. Mood swings can happen for a lot of reasons, both medical and psychiatric. The first place to start is to see your doctor to evaluate for medical causes (like thyroid problems, seizures, etc.). Should medical causes no explain the mood swings, an evaluation by a psychiatrist would be helpful. Once they determine the "what, " then they can determine the treatment. Good luck!