Health benefits of blueberry muffins?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: The blueberries.

The healthiest part of a blueberry muffin would be the blueberries therein.
Muffins by definition are not healthy, and making a muffin with blueberries or bran or apples won't magically make the muffin a healthy food. Tasty, yes, but not healthy.

In brief: The blueberries.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Blueberries.

I agree with dr. Namey.
Blueberries can cling to pesticides - so try to use organic berries only. They are rich with anti-oxidants and so good for you!. The muffin not so much. I have a variety of blue berry bushes so that they can be harvested over many months.

In brief: Blueberries.

I agree with dr. Namey.
Dr. Fidias De Leon
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Antioxidants

Blueberries are rich in antioxidants which helps prevent cell damage in your body.
Blueberry muffins are great tasting too :).

In brief: Antioxidants

Dr. Fidias De Leon
Dr. Fidias De Leon
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Blueberry's great!

Great berry/fruit.
My favorite after rasberries. But the muffin is not good. Starches and sugars. Empty calories!

In brief: Blueberry's great!

Great berry/fruit.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey